A meat or cooking thermometer is a digital unit, with a steel probe, which is used to accurately measure core temperature of different meats while they are cooking. There is a range of different kinds of thermometers for meat available, so its important to know which kind of meat thermometer you specifically need.
- BBQ Meat thermometer
BBQ meat thermometers usually feature a single steel probe, which you can quickly and simply insert while cooking meat on the BBQ, or while frying. Youll get a fast reading of its core temperature, which will assist you to avoid over-cooking or under-cooking all meats. These are the most affordable choice when looking for a basic thermometer for meat.
More heavy duty than a BBQ meat thermometer, these can be inserted to check meat while cooking, but not designed to be left inside the oven. You will get highly accurate readings and results.
- Digital Oven Meat Thermometer (leave in)
Leave-in oven meat thermometers are specifically made to be used when temperature readings need to be made while the meat is still the oven. A stainless steel probe is placed inside the piece of meat, while a steel cord connects it straight to the digital display unit, which is left on the outside door of the oven. This allows for constant temperature readings while the meat is still cooking! Theres no need to slow cooking times down by opening the oven door every few minutes checking temperatures! ! The digital unit is water-proof, and features a convenient magnet on its back, which easily attaches to steel surfaces e.g the oven door. A digital meat probe is an vital tool to have in your kitchen if you require exact temperatures and rely on always maintaining consistent and quality results!
Why Use Digital Meat Thermometer?
Can you still remember the annoyance you felt when you cut into a turkey back then just to see if it is already cook? For sure, this work is such an inconvenience on your part and not to mention, the meat won’t look great anymore particularly if you have to make lots of cutting. For you to reduce the effort, you need to make use of a digital thermometer for meat in order to reduce the guesswork for cooking.
You will get the following benefits just by making use of this tool:
• Get rid of the possibility of food borne illnesses
• Hinder occurrence of overcooking
• Will hold food at the right temperature
In case you don’t like to make use of digital thermometer for meat, it’s about time to enter a habit of using one. This tool can be employed for all kinds of foods, not just meat. It works by measuring the internal temperature of your poultry and meat, or any kind of casseroles in order to ensure that a safe temperature is obtained so that harmful bacteria such as Salmonella as well as E. Coli 05:H7 can be eradicated.
This thermometer must not be used only ‘sometimes’ but it should be employed each time that you have the need to prepare your poultry, ham, casseroles, roasts, egg dishes, and meat loaves.
With so many digital thermometer for meat out there, you need to look for the kind which is right for you. Here are the options that have in store for you:
• Regular and oven-proof types are those that go into the food during the start of the cooking time. This is well-known because it is easy to read. There are some kinds that possess a long probe which will go into the food while it cooks; nevertheless the digital kind would simply sit outside the oven so there is no need for you to open the oven door just to check the food.
• Instant- this type is the read and digital kind which is not projected to go to food while cooking.
• Pop-up kinds are normally found in poultry, although they can also be used for other types of meats.
• Microwave-safe kinds are especially made to be used only inside a microwave oven.
Cooking meat comes with its own set of problems. There are times when you might have to slice a part of the turkey or chicken to find out how well cooked it is. Whether you are using a convection oven or an analog oven pyrometer, it can be quite difficult to actually cook your turkey to perfection. This is why most kitchens of today require a meat thermometer digital. You would probably ask, why not use a state-of-the-art microwave? Well! Microwaves do come with countdown timers but then you have to set a specific time. You might put the microwave on a timer of 45 minutes, which might overcook the turkey or undercook it. The important thing is to have a perfectly cooked turkey and the only way to make that possible is by using a meat thermometer digital.
In reality, the thermometer will reduce some of the guesswork that comes into play when cooking meat. Most people have a vague idea of what the actual countdown period should be and accordingly set the timers. Some people might use one of the converter ovens while others might use the digitally advanced microwave solutions but at the end of the day, you will still not know if the meat is perfectly cooked or not until and unless you stop the timer and take it out. This process can definitely be quite elaborate and hence to make things easier, you can use the thermometer.
Some of the benefits of the tool offers include:
- You will be able to check the meat without having to cut it or without disrupting the cooking process
- The built-in sensor of the meat thermometer will provide you with the current temperature on the surface and the inside of the meat in Fahrenheit or centigrade.
- The meat thermometer comes with a wide degree of temperature settings from +32째 to +392째F / 0째 to +200째C
- There are different types of the thermometers available including wireless thermometer and those that can be used in ovens, microwaves, barbeque grills, converters, and deep fryers apart from others.
- Meat thermometers can be used during cooking different types of meat like beef, pork, turkey, and even for cooking egg
- The gadget is environmentally safe to use
- Most thermometers come with sound alerts and signals like green and red
- Using a thermometer you will be able to prevent food borne illnesses especially those which come with meat like Salmonella or E.Coli
- It will also help you to avoid overcooking of meat
- It will help you to hold food at a safe temperature
- Last but not the least, the thermometer is easy to use and needs 1.5v batteries to operate
The most important aspect is that you can use digital thermometers for measuring internal temperature of your meat and poultry products, big or small. Most meat thermometers are available with large screen to help you see the temperature clearly. It’s ease of use makes it a must have in every kitchen.
Read Also :
In buying, there is a need for you to ensure that the thermometer that you buy is created for poultry and meat. You may want to ask the sales representative about the product features that would be convenient on you. Keep in mind that something with a high price will never guarantee good returns. Don’t base everything on the price; try to see its quality as well to be sure.
In buying, you may want to get the kind which will fit your lifestyle. For one, there is the microwave thermometer that is specially made to be used inside the microwave oven. This one can effectively resist the fast and intense heat given by ovens. Furthermore, there is also the pop-up kind which will pop up during times when the meat had already reached the right temperature. Those thermometers that are implanted within turkeys by most poultry distributors are good example of this kind.
The digital meat thermometer is the one that is specially made to go inside the oven although they are used to instead to verify the correct temperature of the meat when it is already out of the oven. Furthermore, there is also the BBQ meat thermometer which is considered as the newest there is in the market. Almost all of them are considered to be wireless.
Actually, you can get whatever you like just as long as it will fit your needs. Consider the work that you would normally do inside the kitchen, from then, you can simply look the thermometer that will match your needs. With this, it pays to know the specs of the product.
Don’t miss: meat tenderizer